Saturday, June 13, 2009

Beamer and I got the privilege of going to the 150 year celebration of Providence, Beamer's hometown. His Mom, Jan Wigington, had a part in putting this wonderful event together. In the Program we heard from Beamer's Great Aunt Opal who is, I believe, 95 years old. Aunt Opal did a cute skit with Beamer's sister, Tinique, on appreciating your heritage. Then we heard musical numbers from the "Singing Mothers", Jan and G-ma Burton were apart of that. We also heard a very entertaining performance by Dr. G-pa Burton. Lastly we heard from PRESIDENT PACKER who dedicated this memorial of the pioneers who settled hear in Providence. This was such a great experience and I am so happy I got to be apart of it.

On the walk way were names of people who helped in the growth of Providence, this is our grandparents on Beamer's mom side.
This is his Great Aunt that is 95.
Beam's setting up the video camera. I can't wait to show the future generations this record of heritage and ancestory.
Grandpa Burton is a champ on the cello, I've been reading his life story, that he recorded in a published book. The book has been an inspiration to me and I hope to record my life story, I'm not sure it will be as interesting as his book though.
Tinique and Aunt Opal did a great job and presenting a remberance of the old Providence.
In this part of the program g-pa joked about playing a nose flute. The song he played was amazing and hilarious.
Now he is doing the DO RE ME song with a straw and he gets higher by cutting the end off of the straw. Gosh I wish that those who couldn't be there to see could have.



President Packer's dedication was beautiful and Beamer and I, along with Jessica and her friends were just sitting a few feet away from him at the dedication.Jan and G-ma Burton are such lovely singing mothers.



Here is Jessica shaking President Packer's hand and yes, I was in line right behind her waiting to shake the hand of a man who has done so much in service of our dear Savior, Jesus Christ. Again, what a memorable experience and don't fret, it is all recorded in the journal.

4 comments:

Susan said...

What a wonderful experience. Sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing.

West Point Woodcarvers said...

That was a BIG Event! You guys are so lucky to be a part of it all.

James and Doralie said...

Sarah, That sounds like a great experience. It's really neat

Julie said...

You have such a CUTE blog!And you are pretty good at updating it. I have nothing ever to tell about, but yours is fun to read! I am glad you posted pictures of the monument dedication and stuff, I hadn't seen most of those pictures. That was really cool.