Beamer is apart of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW). He hopes to be in a leadership position next year in the club, and he has a great chance at it. For those who don't know or sometimes simply forget Beamer is studying to be a social worker now, obviously since he's in the club, and then is planning to get his masters in School Social work or School Counseling. He has a passion for helping others and making a difference, and he does and I am so pleased with him. What a STUD!
I am also Graduating this semester and the time has come to get a job, ah, WHAT DO I DO? I thought I knew, but now that I am graduating I don't know, I am thinking of maybe become a school counselor myself or even an elementary principle. Should I get a masters. I want, and we could, but I do not want to pay 10,000 a year, even though I know it would be worth and to go back to school. Sheesh. Anyways if anyone has advice, feel free to share and I will take it in.
1 comment:
I LOVE your blog background! So cute! But I think everyone goes through the same question as you- WHAT DO I DO AFTER I GRADUATE!!? You work for years to get to that point, then you're done and suddenly you don't know what comes next. Honestly, I would consider getting a masters. I assume your degree is a lot like mine, not so marketable so if anything ever did happen- can you get a good enough job to support your family? I know it sounds rough and tiring, but get all the edu you can while you can. If you're tired of school, look for jobs and work at the temple or find other service opportunities that will still help you to learn and grow! -Take that for what it's worth! :)
Post a Comment